Monday, March 23, 2020

Snow day!


The weather prediction was spot on for a change! Dave read that snow was supposed to start in the afternoon and last through the night, with an accumulation of one to three inches. By late afternoon, we had a beautiful snow-filled yard. The kids didn't mind at all!


The snow has stopped, but we woke up to a winter wonderland. Most of it will melt today. In fact, the snow is already starting to drop off the trees, and it's only 7:15.

The kids and I spent a lot of time playing The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Game. It was tough at first. Four-year-olds tend to cry when their acorns are stolen or the wind blows them all back into the tree. The more we play, the better their reactions, so I guess we'll keep on playing!

I did a little organizing in my sewing room, and I do mean little! I became distracted by a long lost knitting project and spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out what pattern I had been using. I finally gave up on that idea and spent a couple of hours looking for a new pattern. I've cast on for a pretty Seashore Kerchief and will probably spend time on it today.


Despite whiling away many hours with board games and Internet searches, I did manage to tat a Doodle Ice Drop in size 20 Lizbeth #115, Springtime. Since I've been decorating keys for the grandchildren, I've fallen behind on my Ice Drops. I not only need to tat Ice Drops, I also needed to show some love for my new Art Deco shuttle from Lorraine Kolasa!


I had enough thread left on the shuttle for three little flowers for Vicki Clarke's A Celebration of a Classic. I plan on tatting little flowers until the stay-at-home order is lifted, and then I'll mail them off. I have 33. My goal was to tat 49, the minimal number needed for the project. I think I'll meet that goal!


Joanne has been crocheting like crazy, and yesterday she finished Janko's Parasaurolphus. Can you tell that he loves it? Look at that death grip! He's been carrying it around by the neck, which is now well-stretched. He doesn't mind. Mommy made it just for him!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of fun at your house!!! :)
    And still you are productive!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, snow, where did Spring go? Oh it’s in your threads. Splendid dinosaur, I love Janko’s smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring will be back tomorrow! Janko's smile is infectious!

      Delete
  3. We had snow this morning, too! It's very pretty, but I'm glad it won't stay long :) What a cute little dinosaur buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm learning more about dinosaurs than I ever thought I would!

      Delete
  4. I also get distracted when I start to 'organize'! Naturally you'd find another project to work on! Nice to see smiles on those cute faces. Can't believe how big the twins are! Lots of fun at Grandma's house! That shuttle is pretty amazing and very classy looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice to hear from you, Kathy! I am really enjoying having the kids around, and I know I will miss them when they head home. The shuttle is wonderful!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!