Sunday, March 22, 2020

Fulfilling wishes

Life has been very busy with three of the grandchildren here. The little ones flit from one activity to another, and they get excited about so many things!


Sophia was very impressed with Janko's dinosaur key. She chose colors for her key, but couldn't decide what her key would be. So, I covered the key and waited until late afternoon for her decision. I used one of my new shuttles from Middy Clark of The Knotted Vine. I'm very impressed with this shuttle. The balance in incredible; it's light weight; it holds lots of thread!


Sophia and Kara were very impressed with my collection of little flowers for A Celebration of a Classic, a fund raiser for Palmetto Tat Days. So, I tatted "teeny tiny flowers" while the girls watched. I waited until the evening to order shuttles from Rita Richmond last weekend. I'm trying very hard to give others a chance to purchase her beautiful shuttles!


I used two shuttles for Janko's dinosaur key. The girls wanted me to tat a flower from each shuttle, so I did!


The girls are so funny! Every time I pick up a new shuttle, they tell me it's their favorite!


Even a Clover shuttle wins their approval!


Sophia decided that she wanted her key to be a flower. I'm not sure what kind of flower it is, but my other new butterfly shuttle from Middy Clark was perfect for the job!


This morning, Sophia reminded me that I needed to tat a flower with this shuttle, so I did!


I think she likes it!



9 comments:

  1. Looks like you are going to be a key addict. These are fun and very easy to decorate. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm back to Ice Drops now, but I plan on decorating at least one key a week so that I don't lose my touch!

      Delete
  2. Another commission! I think the little uns are keeping you on your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way your grandchildren are stopping you from getting bored by you producing lovely key tatting for them and also ice drops! The beautiful butterfly shuttles look so life like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fun to decorate. It takes me quite a bit of time, because I haven't yet developed a rhythm for making them. I guess I'll have to keep trying so that my skills improve!

      Delete
  4. Lovely to see your grand children enjoying you tat and keeping you occupied,
    Beautiful key for Sophia, and lots of flowers
    I always love your shuttles and the butterfly ones are certainly my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks great!!! :)
    I think that key looks like a princess butterfly more than a flower, but I am just an adult. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!