Monday, March 16, 2020

This weekend was pretty typical for us... housework, yard work, laundry, grocery shopping. We kept the t.v. turned off for most of the weekend, and found that it was possible to go on with our lives as usual. Dave and I are not social people, so the restrictions that have been put in place really haven't changed the way we do things.


Tatting was still part of my daily routine! This Doodle Ice Drop is in size 20 Lizbeth #138, Leafy Green. This has been one of my go-to threads ever since it was introduced. It goes well with so many projects! The ceramic shuttle is by Sherry Pence (LadyShuttleMaker).


Handy Hands recently introduced Elisa thread in size 10 and size 5. I ordered some for band weaving, but I wanted to see how it worked up in tatting. As you can see, size 10 fits five rings around the glass gem rather than 6. I prefer the look of six rings, but it's nice to see how the thread works for tatting. I'm very pleased with this thread. It's smooth, soft, and the colors are beautiful, although the colors are limited. The ceramic shuttle is another beauty by Sherry Pence.

I'll be going in to school to run off copies for teachers this morning, and then schools will be closed for the next two weeks. During the two weeks off, I plan to get my house cleaned, stay calm, and keep tatting!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, the ice drop looks good in the thicker thread. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try that new thread, Diane, but I don’t think I could cope with size 10 let alone size 3!!! Looks lovely, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I have found a use with tatting in those 2 sizes I just never posted them cause I was thinking of selling the pattern it was or is with baby shoes just so struggle with writing out the patterns oh well. Glad to see you guys are like us we dont have to be anywhere so were fine too😁

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!