Friday, March 20, 2020

Stay-at-home

Governor Pritzger announced a stay-at-home order this afternoon. It will begin tomorrow at 5 p.m. and go through April 7. Dave is a wholesale plant distributor, and since his business is not considered essential, he will be on his first two week vacation ever. I guess he'll get a glimpse of what retirement could be like.


Barbara Foster's timing for Hello Lizbeth: a Special Gift Box was perfect! No, I don't need any more thread, shuttles, patterns, or tote bags, but they do make a great pick-me-up, especially with a stay-at-home order starting.


Janko found my stash of keys and asked me to make him a dinosaur key. I had no idea of what to do. Janko chose his key and thread colors, and I got started. I finished right after he got up from his nap, and he was very excited! He told me it's a Dilophosaurus key. I'm not up on my dinosaurs, so I'll just have to take his word for it.


I did not write down what I did, so there will never be another. I had fun, and my grandson is happy. That's all that matters!

10 comments:

  1. Oh boy, I am sure he will have plenty to do knowing how you two keep busy!! ;)
    Fabulous dinosaur key!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome. I see the dinosaur in the key....fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your comment to Janko, and he got a big smile on his face!

      Delete
  3. It's good to read your upbeat blog posts. And to see that you continue working on several projects - at once! I imagine it will be a jolt for Dave to not be working, but you seem to have enough outdoor projects for him to putter with. I'm grateful to have the internet to check on the blogs and other tatting sources. As we expected, the annual Maple Festival has been canceled on April 3-4, so our group won't be seeing each other for a while. I'm not really doing any tatting due to some arthritis in my hands but I always enjoy reading about it. It's a pleasant diversion from all the stress of this situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're pretty much homebodies, so life hasn't changed too much. I'm sure Dave will benefit from some down time!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful dinosaur key 💖

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s great to work on a special commission and have the results so appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s great to work on a special commission and have the results so appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!