Saturday, January 4, 2020

Busy day

We had a lot to accomplish today. Dave had a truck to unload for work, and he was scheduled to help daughter Carol work on the set for the upcoming high school musical, Back to the 80s.

While Dave was gone, I worked on the undecorating process. We have a lot of decorations to take down and put away! Dave was surprised at the progress I made, but we have a long way to go.


I made sure I took lots of tatting breaks today. I was playing with the one pass method of tatting an Ice Drop. There are advantages to the one pass method. The main one for me is that it's easy to fit the tatting to a larger or smaller glass gem. However, I do get easily confused switching from front rings to back rings. I really need to concentrate.

The glass gems that I crackled a while back are a little larger than 3/4", which meant that I needed seven rings to fit around the gem when using 6 ds between each picot. The rings are all 6-6-6 and the chains are 6-6. I usually like odd numbers, but for Ice Drops I prefer six points for a snowflake look.


I played around with the stitch count, and by changing from 6 to 7 ds I was able to get the six points I wanted.


I really think that Lizbeth Snow White is a little thicker than the Christmas Green. Using the 7 ds count was a little too loose for the crackled glass gems, but this cat's eye gem fit pretty well. I think I'll try the 6 ds in white tomorrow.


I have about 2" to go to finish my scrap yarn cowl. I thought I had a little bit of dark brown yarn to add, but I can't find it, so I plan on moving on to the light rose color.


My yarn arrived today for the Sanditon MKAL from Kristen in Stitches that starts next week. I chose the blue colorway... surprise, surprise!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds and looks like you have been busy and everything is great!!! :)
    I have been just sitting around not doing anything-not feeling well today. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello ciao ioammiro molto il tuo lavoro e le tue navette complimenti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great crafting day, beautiful ice drops, I brought some lizbeth white and it appears to be thinner than usual,
    I like the wool of course you and I would pick blue wouldn't we

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!