Friday, January 3, 2020

Lazy day

I really was pretty lazy today. We didn't take down any Christmas decorations. I did do one load of laundry, but the rest of the day was spent sitting in my chair tatting, knitting, and reading.


I played with Edda Guastalla's design again, combining it with my Doodle Ice Drop pattern.


The sides did not wrap around the glass gem as nicely as the last one did.


I think that may be because of the rings I added to the back side. I sure am having fun playing!


Today was blocking day for the cowls I've finished knitting. These two are out of Wool-Ease that I purchased nearly 13 years ago. I guess it was about time I got around to using this yarn!


These two are out of Caron x Pantone, a lovely bamboo. Daughter Joanne has claimed the one on the right. The other three cowls are up for adoption!


My current cowl is going to be a scrap buster. I used all I had left of the medium rose and the blue, and I'm hoping to have enough of the burgundy color to finish it off. If not, I have some light rose that I can use. Now that I'm on a roll, all I have to do is make room for a gift closet just like Aunt Helen's!

4 comments:

  1. My mother knitted all kinds of sweaters and everyone's favorite was the one she made for herself, it was made from all scraps😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom did lots of knitting while we were growing up. It's funny, but I don't remember her ever knitting anything for herself!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you have been busy for being lazy!! ;)
    Everything looks great!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!