Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year!

I can hardly believe that we are in a new year. The time just flies by!


Opening the mail after returning from a trip is one of my favorite things to do, especially when the mail includes new shuttles! These beauties are from Veronica of TattingShuttles on Etsy. I just can't resist a pretty shuttle.


I also received some beautiful new hand-dyed threads from Karey Solomon of Graceful Arts Studio. If you've never tatted with hand-dyed thread, you are really missing out. The colors are unique, and there's something about the hand-dying process that makes the threads a joy to use.


I finished up another Frivolity Ice Drop today. I do enjoy tatting this pattern, but I'm ready to move on to something else.


So, I practiced Edda Guastalla's tecnhique for encasing cabochons. Her tutorial is available on Etsy. It's been a while since I've tried Edda's method, and I can tell I need to pay attention to the instructions instead of doing my own thing. I should have followed Edda's instructions for working with a cabochon with a higher dome. So, I will try again!


Front,


side,


and back look okay, but I'm afraid the glass gem will pop out since I didn't follow the instructions. I will do better next time!


I'm also working on another cowl. I'm using the mock rib pattern from page 222 of Sequence Knitting by Cecelia Campchiaro. After doing some simple math, I cast on 114 stitches and started knitting. This would be a great carry-along project, but I'm pretty sure I'll finish before heading back to school next week, so there will be no need to carry it anywhere!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you have been busy with lots of pretty things!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many things I would like to do this year. I hope to share a greater variety of projects!

      Delete
  2. Lovely shades of colour thread from Karey Solomon. Are you going to tat one of your pretty ice drops?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely, Anne! I had some ideas for new Ice Drops while family was here. I should have written them down so that I could try them out. I hope they come back to me!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!