Thursday, January 2, 2020

Combining ideas


Today I played with Edda Guastalla's tutorial and followed her directions for increasing the ring size for the domed shape of the Ice Drop. It was such a simple change, and it worked well!


The dome of the glass gem is covered nicely.


The back worked really well. I decided to add another round of chains with picots to make the back a little more decorative.


I really like the way the sides look using Edda's technique. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do to finish the Ice Drop, so I decided to go with something simple... I doodled!


Playing with the Ice Drop took much longer than I anticipated, and I did need to do a few chores around the house. Still, I managed to knit a few rounds on my cowl. Maybe it will wind up being a carry-along project!

4 comments:

  1. I love this technique and so glad you let us know about her I'll be checking into this more. Love the green is that leaf green?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carollyn! It's size 20 Lizbeth #638 Christmas Green.

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!