Monday, January 20, 2020

Remembering Barbara


My friend Barbara Gordon passed away Wednesday evening. She was such a lovely, talented lady. I think the only times she missed Tollway Tatters meetings were when she was in Florida. Barbara loved tatting, bobbin lace, sewing, and Ghirardelli chocolates. She always had a smile on her face, and she was a great conversationalist. She was Sue Anna's "wing man" and I think Sue Anna will miss her the most. Rest in peace, Barbara.

I kept very busy this weekend. Yes, I tried to solve my computer problems with no luck. I think I'll just settle in to a routine of using two browsers until I figure out what's going on. Oh, how I wish I could get back the hours I've spent trying to figure this out!


I worked on my Sanditon MKAL this weekend. What a frustrating experience this has been! The pattern is wonderful, but I could not get my hands and brain to work together. It took me ten hours to finish six rows. I kept dropping stitches, adding stitches, just generally making a mess of things. Late in the day, things started to click, and I was able to finish another six rows before bedtime. Some days are like that!


I convinced Mom to join the knit along. I love the red she's using!


I've been slacking in the Ice Drop department. It's not that I'm losing interest in tatting, but I have been a bit distracted by knitting and computer issues.

I still have Joanne's Sneak a Peek cowl to finish. All I have left to do is graft the two ends together and block it, both of which I intended to do over the weekend. However, time got away from me!


4 comments:

  1. Diane, so sorry to hear about Barbara. I don't think I met her, but I have heard her mentioned somewhere.
    For your computer, will Firefox run on it? It seems to work better than most other browsers I have tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing Barb so much!!
    Great knitting project and your mom's too!! :)
    Another great Ice Drop!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friend sounds like a wonderful person and if she was a lacemaker, she was a friend of mine🙂 your projects are going well and great colors too I like those frosted ice drop stones too💐

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!