Monday, January 27, 2020

The curse of the eyelet row


I needed to tat today. Tatting helps give me focus, especially when I'm tatting an easy, familiar pattern like my Doodle Ice Drop. Why did I need to focus?


I believe I am under the curse of the eyelet row! I've never had trouble with eyelet rows before, but the eyelet rows in the Sanditon MKAL have given me fits. I've only knit one of them without incident. Today I had to take out 2/3 of row 7 four times before I realized I had dropped a stitch. If nothing else, I am learning extreme patience from this knit-along!

4 comments:

  1. Great Ice Drop!! :)
    So sorry to hear you are having trouble, but I will join you since I started a bracelet and it didn't go well so it got dumped, and then I messed up closing a ring and still have no idea what went wrong, but will hopefully sort it out tomorrow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the challenges of making something new... we shall prevail!

      Delete
  2. Can’t you skip the eyelet rows altogether?
    By the way I do read your blog every day and thoroughly enjoy it. I can only comment on one of my devices and by the time I get to using that one BC3 has left the room. Sorry, but I am here!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I could skip the eyelet rows, but I'm feeling a bit stubborn and I'm determined to not let this pattern beat me! ;-)

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!