Monday, January 20, 2020

Stitch markers


Apparently I'm not very good at counting. Once again, I had trouble with an eyelet row. This time I only spent three hours figuring out what I'd done wrong, and the problem was actually with the row before the eyelets. I had an accidental yarn over. I counted the stitches in that row at least three times, so I'm not sure how I missed that extra stitch.

Anyway, I decided that I would put a stitch marker every ten stitches to keep myself on track, and so far it's working.


Knitting and unknitting is mentally exhausting, so I gave myself a break with tatting. This is size 20 Lizbeth #112, Carousel. The shuttle is another beauty from Grizzly Mountain Arts.

We had snow today, something I wasn't expecting. I managed to get my steps in by walking around the house every time I was on the phone. It took until 7 tonight, but I did get my steps in!

6 comments:

  1. I have to resort to using lots and lots of stitch markers when I knit. I also end up counting my stitches between the markers out loud (well, mumbling them, not LOUD out loud) to keep myself straight. Your project is looking very nice.
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so love your knitting too and I don't have that kind of patience

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use stitch markers after every repeat till I get the pattern memorized. And also while casting on, to keep track. And yet, I keep counting back to make doubly/triply sure (and am still known to make a mistake) 😉😄😆

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use stitch markers, counting pins, extra bits of thread tied in, oh....and don't forget picot gauges! I figure a good tool is worth using. My first tool to use: my brain. Sometimes that tool is not enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got it, now I understand why the stitch markers, great idea

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!